20080618

Can Anybody Get It Right??

I recently saw a few photos from the Museum of Modern Art's 40th Annual Party in the Garden, and I was actually quite shocked with how most people had dressed.  Why, when most of these people have stylists, can't they put together a simple outfit??
M.I.A. - I don't think that this was an appropriate choice for the night.  
Tina Brown - This outfit doesn't seem very flattering on her figure.  A necklace may have improved her look.
Yvonne Force - This outfit did have potential, but her hair ruined it.  She should have had a nice up-do or something.  
Diana Taylor - I like the dress, but something doesn't look right.  Maybe it's the dress on her?  I don't know.  
Diana Widmaier - I don't like the dress, but if it was accessorized better, it could have worked.
Diane Sawyer - This outfit reminds me of something Ashley Olsen would wear (maybe because she wore something similar but less detailed to the CFDA's).  It doesn't feel right to me.
Evelyn Lauder - this is cute.  She has dressed well for her age and body type.  It feels quite innocent and perfect for almost any occasion!
Lisa Falcone - Love the dress.  Love the shoes.  Just not together.  
Serena Boardman - Now, I mentioned people looking under-done.  But this, is definitely not, in fact, perhaps over-done for this event.
Diane von Furstenberg - This woman always looks amazing.  She dresses well and is confident with the woman she is.   
Marie-Josée Croze - This dress could have worked, better.    Maybe it was the clutch bag, or maybe it was the hair.  
Cristina Greeven Cuomo - I love this dress.  I love the colour.  I love the style.  There is only one thing I can fault.  And that is the silver clutch and shoes with the gold necklace.  Gold and silver can work together occasionally, but not here.
Claire Danes - She always looks amazing.  This dress is nice.  I love the simplicity and the colour is great, it's a nice alternative from black every once in a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Cristina Greeven Cuomo's style! In fact, I saw this awesome profile on her at Clos-ette Too-- Check it out!! http://bit.ly/pWuKD8